Friday, April 01, 2005

If Anybody can see this . . .

I just want to give you an update on the happenings here at the Sea Blog. As you can tell (if you've checked us out in the last couple of days), Joe is back on the job in updating the blog. I've made many promises that I have not kept in recent months, so take all this with a grain of salt, but here is the plan for the 2005 baseball season.

1) Occasional (maybe even weekly) "column"-style entries that will primarily follow some sort of statistical analysis of the performance of the Sea Dogs or Red Sox, or anything else that may catch my eye. This is starting out with my pre-season position-by-position analysis of the 2005 Red Sox, currently in prodution. That article will most likely be split into two parts (offense and pitching), which will hopefully both be posted by Sunday night. But I can't promise that the pitching one will be done by then.

2) "Scorer's Notes" entries from my BIS scorekeeping gig at the Sea Dogs games. This was really the original concept for this blog, but the original scorekeeping gig failed to materialize, and the BIS job has me going to only 1-2 games per homestand, so I'm not sure that's enough to carry the blog.

2a) If Portland's opposition has a nifty prospect or two, I may take some time to highlight those players.

3) Links to, and sometimes commentary on, various web articles on the Red Sox and/or their minor league system. You see evidence of this below. I'll most likely avoid the "mainstream media", and instead focus on some of my favorite sites, like Baseball Prospectus, the Hardball Times, and minorleagueball.com.

4) Discussion about whatever else comes to mind.

I welcome your comments and suggestions, and I promise to try to keep my promises of keeping this blog alive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home