Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Many Roster Moves

Lots of roster moves for the Sea Dogs. Not noted in the article, I think, is that George Lombard, who (as I stated in a previous post) really shouldn't be in AA, went up to Pawtucket. Also, relief ace Joe Nelson was promoted, leaving the "closer" job to Juan Perez, I guess. I was not aware until today that Nelson had previous major league experience, though with 8 runs allowed in 2 IP with the 2001 Braves, I'm sure he'd like another shot.

Sheldon Fulse and John Hattig are back, with Jesus Medrano also on the mend. This will definitely help the offense (though Lombard's leaving will hurt some). Also, James Johnson and Chris Cameron were returned from Pawtucket. Jason Howell, who has struggled this season, was demoted to Sarasota and Mike Campo, unfortunately, was released as a result of these moves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home