Monday, May 24, 2004

Interviews, A to Z

An interview with Abe Alvarez, from the Royal Rooters.

About the hat:
"I've been wearing it like that since high school, and believe it or not, it's really comfort more than style at this point. If I straighten it out, it actually feels a little funny -- seriously."

The Rooters also interviewed Charlie Zink. On throwing the knuckler in cold and windy weather:
"Cold weather is something I'm learning to deal with. I've pitched a few times where I could barely feel my fingers -- it's a learning process. There was also a game where it was so windy I almost got blown off the mound a few times, and it really had me wondering how to throw the ball. I think that's what Wake (Tim Wakefield) means about still learning on the job -- as a knuckleballer you're always coming across situations that affect how the ball is moving."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home