Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Magic of Blogging

It's amazing the things that can happen when you put your thoughts out on the web. Occasionally somebody stumbles across them and you make a connection. Such was the case this week when a fellow named Jim Baumer found a post deep in the archives of the Sea Blog. Last summer (before work and stuff put this thing into hibernation), I attended the Maine Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and I wrote a post about it. Jim is writing a book about town team baseball in Maine, and he stumbled across my blog. We've exchanged a couple of e-mails, and he seems like a pretty nice guy, so I thought that I would link to his blog and put in a plug for his book ("When Towns Had Teams"), for which he is currently seeking a publisher. He has interviewed my father-in-law and lots of other guys in researching this book, which sounds like a true labor of love.

While this blog really centers on professional baseball, I love baseball of all stripes and there is always room in the Sea Blog for amateur ball. So this summer, I'm going to try to make a point to catch some local action with a Twilight League game or two, and I encourage you to do so as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home