Saturday, July 22, 2006

Gabbard To Make Major League Debut


Kason Gabbard has been pegged by the Red Sox to fill in for Tim Wakefield. The erstwhile Mr. Hyde will make his major league debut this afternoon in Seattle. Wakefield apparently has a broken rib. Gabbard started the season in Portland and pitched very well: 9-2, 2.57, WHIP just over 1.00, and 68/23 K/BB ratio in 73.2 innings pitched. He started slowly for the PawSox, but had a couple of nice outings recently, and he currently stands at 1-3, 4.97 ERA, WHIP of 1.38 and 23/10 K/BB ratio in 29 innings pitched. His W/L record and ERA aren't impressive, but the ratios are all pretty good. Congrats to yet another Sea Dog on his way to the majors!

Here's a
more extensive article from Minor Leage Baseball.com

3 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Wisdom Weasel said...

When I heard about this as a 2 second blip on Morning Edition I thought "I know that name!" Thanks Joe for deepening my knowledge of the game.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I'll know that I've truly arrived when ME refers to Gabbard as "Mr. Hyde."

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Now that I think of it, I've probably written more about Kason Gabbard's pitching career than anybody other than those actually getting paid to do so. That's gotta be some kind of accomplishment, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home