Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Meet the Author

Durham author Jim Baumer will be at the Brunswick Bookland this Saturday, October 8th, from 1:00 - 3:00 pm. Baumer will be signing copies of his book, When Towns Had Teams. This will be a great opportunity to meet the author, talk some baseball, and get your copy of the book signed. It looks like Jim will also be at Longfellow Books in Portland from 7:00 - 9:00 pm tonight. Jim also had a book signing at the Book Burrow in Auburn last week, but that one snuck by me. Click on the news link at RiverVision Press.com for future book signings.

The Brunswick Bookland, located at Cook's Corner, is one of my favorite bookstores. Once a cornerstone of the ill-fated regional chain of Bookland stores (as was Longfellow Books), it is now an independent venture. Unlike many independents, however, Bookland is a huge store with a nice cafe inside. The store has a large selection of books, many with a Maine flavor, and it easily invites you to browse. It has all of the amenities of a chain store, yet your money stays in the local economy. It's good for everybody!

I should also mention that I have read Jim's book, and I liked it. I have written a full review of the book that I intend to post here. However, I am first shopping it to try to get it published in a newspaper or two. Initial signs appear to be positive, which should hearten those of you who also make a point of reading the Air Blog. More to come soon.

And I hope to see you soon, too. I'm going to check out the scene at the book signing (I'm not sure if there will be a reading as well), so if you're there and can figure out who I am, stop by and say hi. And if you buy Jim's book, tell him you heard about it here first. (Unless you didn't hear it here first. I don't want you to lie on my behalf!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home