Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Here's Hoping

The Trenton Thunder took out one of Portland's best pitchers early again last night, this time knocking Anibal Sanchez out in the fourth on the way to an 11-6 victory over the Sea Dogs. I saw part of this game on TV (we don't get a televised game for months, then they are on two nights in a row? That's good planning!), and it didn't look pretty for Portland. Here's hoping that they can get out of this funk and take the last couple from the Thunder. Tonight David Pauley goes for Portland facing Trenton's Danny Borrell.

The silent auction for Sea Dogs home jerseys continues. They are
auctioning off jerseys from all the players and coaches, not just the top prospects. The Sea Dogs posted the latest bids - Jon Lester and Jon(athon) Papelbon are both going for $500, while there are a couple that nobody has found bidworthy just yet. Somebody named Scott S. has the top bid on these two guys and two others as well. Look for these jerseys on ebay come September.

Whoops! I just noticed that Craig Hansen's bid is at $2,000. We love this guy!

I'm thinking of putting a bid in tonight. Should I put a token bid that will easily be surpassed? Or should I take a chance at bidding $100 on one of those jerseys that aren't in such demand, and maybe actually win one of these things. Should I go for a guy like Dustin Pedroia, whose jersey might actually fit me? Or (if I win), should I only think of it as an investment (Pedroia would be a good one for that, too)? Questions, questions. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home