Monday, May 16, 2005

Ignoring the Weekend

Mostly, anyway. The Sea Dogs were swept by Bowie over the weekend. The Dogs lost despite some good pitching by Chris Smith, in his first work since last season, and Jon Lester. David Pauley, however, reacted poorly after I said some nice things about him.

I had promised to preview some of the top prospects for the Bay Sox, but I never found the time to do that. They are coming to Portland this weekend, and I will get it done before then. That will probably be the case with the
Erie Sea Wolves, who the Dogs will play over the next three days - I'll profile their prospects when they hit town. This series will be a challenge for Portland, as the Sea Wolves currently sport the best record in the Eastern League.

By the way, Erie has my least favorite nickname in the minor leagues. For one thing, they entered a league that already had a "Sea" team - the
Portland Sea Dogs. For another thing, Erie is on a Lake. As if our kids aren't already geographically challenged, we don't have to intentionally misinform them, do we? Last but not least, this was a golden opportunity to have a real cool nickname: how about the Erie Sounds, or the Erie Coincidences? Oh, sure, maybe these names don't lend themselves to a kid-friendly mascot, but I think you could market the team nonetheless, no? Anyway, I will always and forever root against the Sea Wolves solely because I hate their nickname. I'm like that.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! What a great site you have here, Blogger. I found is from my search for prospects. In my opinion., is a cut above the others. Even though my research regarding Ignoring the Weekend lead me here but match is not exact for Ignoring the Weekend, the content is very beneficial and rewarding. Thank you for reading my comment here.

 
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger, This site came up when I was doing my research on telemarketing. Even though my search for telemarketing information to support Ignoring the Weekend may not end here, your site provides valuable content will certainly will perpetuate. Thanks for the read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home